Friday, April 04, 2008

Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann

random

Be prepared for a devastating story of loss and death at the very outset of this story. Normally you get a chance to get to know the characters before the author makes you cry over them but I found that I was crying before the end of the first chapter in a twist on the usual tragic love story format.

The descriptions of foreign and often less visited lands in this book is particularly intriguing and beautiful and the author gives the reader a good and lasting impression of places where most of us may never see.

The story does slow down a lot in the middle of the book but you're initial devastation experienced at the beginning carries you through the lull and makes the book impossible to put down.

This is a perfect read if you want to just curl up in silence and lose yourself in somebody else's story or in this case two people's story. It's an ideal weekend hour buster!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this book too! It was one of my favourites of 2008. So emotional, and made even better after finding out that most of it is based on events that have happened in his life. We seem to have the same taste in books, so I'm going to have a quick browse round your blog to see if I can come up with some more titles to add to my reading pile!