Saturday, February 04, 2006

Munich

munich

Spielsberg's latest offering is about as far removed from ET as Schindler's list and then some. This is a taught, emotional, depressing and difficult movie to watch.

I found myself wishing I wasn't there at that moment watching it at various different stages during the film and felt very confused and upset on leaving the cinema.

It's not that it's graphic in a visual way. I think it's graphic in an emotional way, which is something you don't get very often in a movie. Added to that is the fact that the emotion is itself understated and therefore creeps up on you and hits you when you really aren't expecting it.

For my part I felt it went on far too long I was itching to leave after 2 hours, I had had enough. The boy felt differently he reckons it's a masterpiece and he's not wrong it's an excellent film, but I wouldn't send people to go see it. You should make that decision for yourself.

No comments: