Monday, January 16, 2006

The Time Traveller's Wife

Time

I first heard of this book on a radio advertisement when I was driving to the train station on the way back from my boyfriend's house at Christmas time. The ad made me howl with laughter and derision and I vowed never to read this book. Then I was purchasing some Christmas presents on Amazon this year and the book was on special offer for something like £4 and I decided oh what the hell I wonder how bad it really is!

I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised! I loved this book. The premise sounds really crazy, I mean why should a book based around the idea that this guy time travels throughout his lifetime, a bit like that programme Quantum Leap without the sciencey bit if you will, be in any way credible? It may not have been likely but I accepted it!

The story is a love story, a very quirky love story, that spans Clare (the wife's life) from the age of 6 to 82. It's beautifully written and really captivating and I just didn't want it to end.

If you enjoy a good read, an interesting if quirky story and memorable characters then you have to read this one!

No comments: