Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

Emailing: 39m
This was my hangover film of choice this weekend as I didn't think I'd be able to handle anything very involved and I really love the original Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory not to mention all of Roald Dahl's books, so I mean how could it not be fun?

I did laugh a lot during the film which is a positive. Johnny Depp scared me as Wonka which is a negative. The Charlie kid was better than the original in terms of cuteness which is a positive. There was no Slugworth and moral lesson which was a negative. The Oompa Loompa was funny - positive. The songs were only ok. I just don't know if I liked the damn film or not?!

I think on the face of it and if I hadn't seen the original version a million times I would have liked it better, but that doesn't mean its a bad film. It's enjoyable and fun and silly and weird and its enjoyable. I just don't know if I liked it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was an awful awful film! I normally like Depp, he's a good actor and I think he was the best thing in a film which got everything wrong in my opinion. The special effects, the acting, the casting, the sets, everything was badly done IMHO.